Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture:

Omni 1: 26

"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Member references are the best!

Hey Family,

Yes, it was transfers this week. My new companion is Elder Ferreira. He is super legit and goes home 3 months before I do. So Gritti is finally going home, I’m going to miss that kid, he was one of the best comps I’ve had.

I gave a little talk Sunday on obedience, I feel like it went super well! haha I found out 9:00p.m. on Saturday. At least they warned me and it wasn’t so last minute. We confirmed Fátima Sunday also, and all is well with her. In fact we are teaching her friend that visited the church twice and she accepted the baptismal invite!!!! Wooohooo go Josefa! She is a mega dog lady hahaha. Seriously though, references are the best things ever so always help out the missionaries by passing over references! So yeah, the temple was awesome and the new video is great!!!! I took tons of photos with fellow Elders and I met up with my buddy Elder Felipe, tava com saudades dele.

Olympics finished, go USA! Second place in medals! Sick. Hey, random occurrence but I saw that the Corvette museum in Kentucky totally fell into a sinkhole. Minha nossa! Pre-Carnaval partying has totally begun but it officially starts the 28th of February and goes through the 7th of March. Madness! We have to be in our homes by 5:00 p.m. But then Copa do Mundo in June!!!! Time is passing by quickly but there is so much left to do. Oh yeah, looks like one of the 12 is coming in May!!! Just in time for my Birthday yayayay!

Eu sei que a igreja de jesus cristo dos santos dos ultimos dias é verdadeira! sei que Ele nos ama e quer que todos voltam a presença de deus. Se nos fomos obedientes e perseveramos até o fim nos vamos chegar lá!!!!! Vive o evangelho e sejam exemplos de cristo pra todo mundo!!
(I know the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is true! I know He loves us and wants everyone to return to the presence of God. If we were obedient and endure to the end we'll get there!! Living the gospel and being examples of Christ to everyone!)

com muito amor,

Elder Kennedy

P.S. Mom, I finally got my package!!! Thanks so much. Stoked on these snazzy gravatas.


P.S.S. Renee and Joe- That’s way sick you guys love and are enjoying C.C. When I get back we are going to go riding bikes all over!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment