Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture:

Omni 1: 26

"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter!


Happy Belated Easter!
I had a great one. I spent some time in member’s homes and ate a lot of food. Today we had a transfer and I received a new companion. I am still in good ol Ponte. Elder J. França is now in Olinda, Recife and he is a Zone Leader now. I am so stoke for him. He is such a great missionary and I am thankful I had the opportunity to be trained by him. We are definitely going to be great friends after the mission.

Portuguese is rough but I am getting more comfortable with it everyday.

Friday I baptized for the first time. His name is Breno and he is 8 years old. Then on Easter Sunday I baptized Caio (12 years old). Wow it was such an awesome experience. I am so happy for them and so thankful I had the opportunity to teach them the gospel. Baptisms bring the best feelings on the mission.

Right now it’s crazy because I have to show my new companion around Ponte, because he doesn’t know where anything is. I told him I know where all the member’s homes are :-) Sending positive vibrations to you all.

paz e amor, 
E. Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment