Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture:

Omni 1: 26

"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Next week is transfers!


Time is flyin by in Recife. I’m stoked for Joe graduating in 2 and a half weeks! Boa sorte com escola!!! There is a transfer April 1st. Only one more week that I could be here! I want to stay in Ponte for one more transfer. I’m stoked for General Conference. We go to the Stake Center and watch all the talks. I get to go to Recife on Wednesday because we have Zone Conference. Half of the zones will be there.

One thing i've noticed is that mail here is interesting. Sometimes it only takes a couple weeks and other times it takes over a month for a package to get here. Anyway I am so excited! I am able to write Ian and follow his blog. I have been able to email him as well. I am so happy he his loving Chile! He really seems to love his area in Santiago, which is great!

On P-Days like today we (my companion and I) are on our own as far as food goes. We will definitely have to start cooking more. My companion is from Rio de Janeiro and he is a pretty good cook. I know how to cook rice and beans, which is essential. I just remembered I received a few recipes in Sao Paulo that I will be trying out shortly. When I return I will definitely demonstrate my mastery of the Brazilian food culture. 

Living here has made me realize we are truly blessed to live in the United States of America. The teenagers and children living in poverty/ favelas live very humble lives but they are always enjoying everything. Young boys will play soccer barefoot in a dirty street and I mean DIRTY (rocks, dirt, dog droppings, and trash). The wealthy and middle class always ride around on their little motorcycles that are impressively loud. Brazilian teenagers are crazy! Similar to American teenagers. At night young skate punks skate around at a nearby park. I talk to them quite a bit and they are all really nice and funny. Young couples are always walking around at nights after school gets out to grab something to eat. There are at least 4-5 schools in my area and the students wear the same shirts so it is easy to identify students. People here really like America. Yesterday we were walking past a school and a group of young teenagers just looked at me and said “hi how are you?” assuming I was American and spoke English. I replied  “I’m fine, how are you?” and they laughed and smiled because they didn’t know how to respond. One mode of transportation I have figured out to utilize is walking. I don’t think they have much of it in the USA but it is a great, free mode of transportation! Haha

Sinceramente,
Elder Kennedy


No comments:

Post a Comment