Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture:

Omni 1: 26

"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Monday, April 8, 2013

General Conference (with some old photos)


Hey All, 

The mission is going great! And life in Ponte is as good as always. I received an awesome companion- Elder Kliggendorf. He teaches me a lot of stuff I didn’t know before. He helps me a tad bit more with the language than Elder França. He is a native Brasileiro from Paranâ (state in southern Brasil). He has a German name because of a Great Great German Grandpa. But all his family is Brazilian. He is super chill and we get along really well. He is a skateboarder and he is super-super hardworking. Kliggy has been in the field for almost a year. His hump day is this month, I think it's on the 19th. muito legal (very cool). However because he’s new to this area he doesn’t know where anything is in Ponte so I have to show him around and remember for myself where all the members homes are and the places we need to be. I am super blessed to have had 2 companions that I’ve really liked.

Like I said, life is good right now. Aunt Jeanine sent me a box of stuff. The tie she sent me is my new favorite tie and I’m wearing it right now. She also sent me peanut butter too! Brazilians aren’t as crazy for peanut butter as Americans are!

I didn’t get to see my old MTC companion (Elder Carroll) last week during our Zone Conference because there are like 14 zones in the mission and the conference was 2 days with half of the zones meeting one day and the rest the next. I got to see him the day we had transfers and we talked for a while- I don’t know why but we just crack up so much when we talk, its hilarious, I love that guy. Maybe we will be companions later in the Mission. General Conference was really good from what I understood. I watched it all in Portuguese... all the sessions. The transmissions were bad for the Priesthood session so it was delayed and they had problems setting up the translation room for missionaries to watch it in English. I really liked Elder Holland’s and Elder Oaks’ talk. I also liked the Prophet’s story about the baptism of a young man. I’m starting to read the Book of Mormon out loud in Portuguese! I feel more comfortable with the language and talking to people, and I’m just more accustomed to the craziness I guess. 

I will try and send pics of my house and what the area looks like soon. I know I’m horrible at sending pics to you guys. Yes, I did the baptizing for those last two Baptisms. It was such a great experience, especially on Easter Sunday. Also, I know every Missionary says this, but I think in a few years I will see my Mission President’s name as a General Authority.

paz e amor,
abraço
E. Kennedy


Aunt Jeanine- You are the best! I received the package full of goodies this week and I appreciate everything inside. The Cali shirt is so awesome! Seriously about 2 days ago I was thinking to myself, “hmm I wish I had a shirt to represent California" and then boom! Now I have one. How is your search for a new home? I hope you found a more tranquil place to call home. Sending prayers and love.

Mom-I got my line of Authority. It’s really cool thanks! Love you hope all is well and you have a great time in Utah and Idaho.

Dad-Happy Birthday…again! I’m stoked you are all going to be there for Joe´s graduation. I know he is super excited to be finishing his college career and moving on. I am, sure Renee is even more excited to leave Rexburg. Wow it is crazy Dana is expecting her son in June or July. Time is flying by fast. Have a safe trip in Utah and Idaho!

Joe- Enjoy your last days in the burg! I heard you and Renee went dirt biking. That’s legit. Mobbin! Good luck with the housing situation in San Diego! 




****Here are some random old pictures of Elder Kennedy. All taken in the Brazil CTM except the bottom one was taken with his companion on their way up to Recife. 

Elder Carroll, Elder Trugley and Elder Kennedy (trio companionship)
Elder Trugley, Elder Carroll, and Elder Kennedy (don't know who the 4th person is.)


 Elder Kennedy, Elder Carroll, (Not sure who this lady is)
 Elder Kennedy and Elder Carroll (companions). They Entered the Provo MTC together, flew to Brazil together and were companions in the Brazil CTM. On their way to Recife together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment