Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture:

Omni 1: 26

"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christmas Eve email-Feliz Natal


Dear Family and Friends,

Feliz Natal! Brazil is amazing! The CTM is really cool and I enjoy getting to know all the missionaries going to Brazil. Time is flying by here in Sao Paulo. I just started week 7 so I only have 3 more weeks left before I head into the field! January 14! I can't wait! Portuguese is such a beautiful language. I wish that I could make it sound beautiful right now. Portuguese is hard but I know I can handle it. As you know, I got placed in a trio companionship with Elder Frogley from Logan, Utah and Elder Carroll from Atlanta, Georgia. They are both studs and awesome missionaries. Last Sunday was pretty crazy because Corinthians (a Sao Paulo soccer team) beat Chelsea F.C. (English soccer team) in a tournament in Japan! The whole city went crazy- yelling and screaming the whole day! Brazilian's don’t require sleep, something I found out here. Fire Works and Fire Crackers, yells, horns, screams, and all kinds of noises went off to celebrate all night. I am so stoked to be in a country that appreciates soccer so much. It sounded like a war zone just outside the CTM during Sacrament meeting and Priesthood. I am super happy to be at the CTM over Christmas and reflect on the birth and life of our savior. Today is Christmas Eve. I’m super stoked for Christmas because we get to relax and enjoy the day. Everyone gets to sleep in like an hour or 2 and stay in our p-day clothes, play games, get tons of gym time, do service projects and we get to watch The Other Side of Heaven. Also, an Area or General Authority is coming to speak to us at a devotional. Christmas is going to be awesome. So what’s the weather like where Ian is serving? What are you all doing for Christmas? I think you might have mentioned in your letter but I forgot. I love walking around the streets on my P-Day, talking to people and trying to communicate with them. It is so hard but the people are patient and love to have a simple conversation with the missionaries. I still can't get over the fact that my little bro is going on a mission to Chile! I know he is going to be the best missionary..... on the west coast of South America. Last night everyone got to sing Christmas Carols outside on the streets. A bunch of people stopped to check it out. I really love talking with the missionaries that are from Recife. They all say it is beautiful and that the people there are super loving and receptive to the gospel. Ahhh I cant wait!!! Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!
    Love, Elder Kennedy 

P.S. Has my plaque come yet? Is it sweet?

No comments:

Post a Comment