Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture:

Omni 1: 26

"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Hello Family!

Happy Birthday Granny (on the 19th). Renee and Joe- that's awesome you guys got to do all that fun traveling. I can't wait to see you guys. Don't worry about my trunky-ness, I am working like a madman. 

This week was super awesome! We had Stake Conference and I got to see a ton of members from wards that I passed in. I felt like the most loved Elder in the world walking in and greeting everyone that I knew because I had served in 2 branches and 1 ward in this Stake. Elder Aidaikatis from the Seventy spoke and it was such a moving talk. The congregation filled up so much that they asked some Elders to sit behind the podium next to Elder Aidaikatis. So sick!! 

Anyway we are teaching some really awesome investigators. But we do have the occasional lazy investigators as well. We did a fast with Ashley so that her mom would let her be baptized as well as Patricia having a means to get money for her marriage. I am sure in the near future they will be able to be baptized and change their lives for the better.  

Dang, so last week my comp and I were walking ... (sad story) and we looked to our right and a car hit a dog. It was bleeding so much from his head there was seriously a river and I was like what can I do for this lady? She said that the dog didn't have an owner or anything (obviously) and I was like "can I call someone or do something?" And she said it'd be good to take him out of the street because there were cars and motorcycles coming. So I picked up this dying bleeding dog and carried him to the sidewalk and he died right when I set him down. I don't think there is any significance to this event other than it being a sad story. 

Also, the Ex-Pernambuco Governor and runner-up for President died in a plane crash as well. Pernambucanos were pretty sad this past week.

Hope you all are well and safe. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ because it is the truest and most important thing we have in this life.

Love Elder Kennedy


P.S. I guess the mission here sends my return info like my last transfer/ last 4-6 weeks of my mission. They had been sending it earlier to missionaries because of the world cup but now it's back to normal so they will let me know probably in like 2 weeks.


P.P.S Joe and Renee- send a pic of the "inheritance," thats gotta be the coolest!

P.P.P.S Random question. Have any of you seen/ kept my white and blue Fifa soccer ball?

No comments:

Post a Comment