Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture:

Omni 1: 26

"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Only two more transfers?

Hey Family! 

Dang that's crazy about all the marriages happening (Cody, Ryan, Andrew) and Chelsea coming home. So insane. I hope Joe, Renee and Mom have a safe trip up to Nor Cal and have a blast seeing Dana and the kids.

I know that i'm sure enjoying the final stretch of my mission. Yesterday in church I was invited to give a talk about missionary work, but it wont be until August. At least now I have time to prepare. This ward is really focusing on missionary work and getting members to go out and talk to their neighbors, and leave pass along cards. 

Wow this transfer has gone by fast and I don't want to think about how fast my last two will speed by. Nothing really big has occurred this week. Unfortunately Pedro didn't go to church but we did a large amount of proselyting and found some new investigators to teach. One man, Roberto is super tight and humble. He saw us walking up a gnarly hill and said "Hey Mormon's! Come inside and teach me something about God." I thought that to be pretty cool. Heavenly Father knew we needed a break from walking up these hills all day. Our mission now as missionaries is to bring everybody to church. I know that service is one of the most important things in this life and that everyday we can choose to do good and bless the lives of our fellow man. 

Com amor,


Elder Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment