Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture:

Omni 1: 26

"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Monday, July 7, 2014

Trying not to get trunky

Hey family!!

Sorry, my companion got a virus last week, so I wasn’t able to write on p-day. I actually caught a bit of that virus after our lunch on Sunday I think..... Don’t worry we still managed to get out and do some work last week. We were able to work a lot more this week. My companion is dying but really using his Jedi missionary wisdom and experience in practice. News for this week: Layze (our baptism from last week) was Confirmed on Sunday! Totally sweet! And I got to meet my new Mission President, President Bigelow and family. President and Sister Bigelow are the coolest people ever!!! My old President Lanius was cool and taught us a lot about being obedient and working hard in order to keep the spirit with us always. President Bigelow is super friendly and seems super stoked to be here. He is from Salt Lake City (born in California "Bay area"). He served in Chicago Spanish speaking but already speaks Portuguese like a boss!!! He spoke Spanish like everyday for 7 years, so the transition was easy for him. Next week he is going to interview us and get to know all of the missionaries! Super stoked. I can’t wait to see the changes and new ideas that he will bring to our mission. 

4th of July was dope because Brasil played and beat Colombia, so there were plenty of fireworks and we had a churrasco (bbq) at a member’s home. It’s been pretty rainy here and we have been walking a lot and doing some trackting. We aren’t seeing too much success but a obra missionária nunca é fácil.

You asked what the weirdest thing I’ve eaten so far is. The answer is probably goat intestines. Yep. I can’t believe I have just over 15 weeks left. Pretty soon they will let us know when my official return date is. Can you tell I’m trying no to be trunky?

I am soo thankful for the gospel in my life and this opportunity to teach and share with others these wonderful truths. Bearing my testimony with others really makes the difference in my day and I always feel happy and sustained afterwards. I know the Lord is with us always and that He leads and guides this work.

Boa semana para todos!!!!


Elder Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment