Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture:

Omni 1: 26

"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Monday, June 2, 2014

9 days until the World Cup

Dear Awesome people,

This computer is super slow. Also, there is a USA game that will be played in Recife. Super cool! I got the package Mom and Renee sent- well not yet, I will get it tomorrow during our District meeting. But they called to tell me that it arrived haha. I love you all so much!

This week was a super spiritual one. We had a ton of awesome lessons and some crazy special activities to spark peoples interest in the Book of Mormon. Here in the center of Vitoria there is a big park between two really old and nice Catholic Church's. So this week the Elders from the Vitoria branch and eu e meu companheiro had a Book of Mormon stand with a big old poster of Christ visiting the americas and information about the Book of Mormon. At night on the weekends this park is full of people and tons walked by interested and wanted to know more because the majority of people have never heard of the Book of Mormon. It was such a great activity and I am sure it will continue every weekend. 

We have tons of fresh people to teach. Also this Saturday or next I will begin teaching English for free at 7:00 pm at the church if any of you would care to join me and sharpen your English skills hahaha. I can't wait and I know the Lord will bless us with even more opportunities to open our mouths and share the Gospel. I know this is Christ's church and that his love is infinite. Keep up the good work and be a light unto the world. I only have a few months left on my mission and I am trying to finish strong!

All of my love,

Elder Kennedy

P.S. Tell Uncle Steve Happy Birthday for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment