Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture:

Omni 1: 26

"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Thursday, June 26, 2014

The good and bad of the World Cup

Hey! So Beau Barton is going to Sao Paulo? He is going to love it there! This month of June is flying by. So guess what? I was transferred. It was the last transfer of President Lanius and he transferred everyone, (well half of the mission). Now i am in Curado. My companion is Elder Ferreira, again.. so stoked. He "dies" this transfer, so he is out of his mind. 
We did have investigators that went to church in Vítoria and we marked the baptism of Sara. It was pretty sad to be transferred after marking a baptism but it's all good. We are all on the same team here. Here in Curado there is an investigator with a desire to be baptized, or so my companion tells me. I am stoked to get to know Curado and the members/investigators here. Our apartment is cool because it is literally next to the chapel. in Vítoria I had to walk 45 min to get to church. So this is an upgrade, Curado is a blessing. 
So USA blew the game at the end vs. Portugal. Brasil plays today and they have to win. 

My area is only a few miles from the stadium. So on p-day we are totally going to the stadium (I think the stadium is part of our area). So I'm preparing myself for even more world cup madness. There is also the sad but real side to the Cup and many are protesting and vandalizing several cities. I am not sure if I agree with the World Cup here. I certainly don't agree with everything, but corruption exists everywhere. Protesting is not a bad thing but protesting in the form of violence and vandalism is completely wrong! People need to learn from the example of Jesus Christ.

I love you all and I'm sending pernambuco happiness your way.

Elder Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment