Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture:

Omni 1: 26

"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Eventful week

Hello Family!

Recife is pretty excited about the world cup. I really respect the love that these people have for their team. It’s pretty patriotic. The roads here are all decorated with green and yellow ribbons and almost every other car has a Brasil flag on it! It has been a week of fire works and partying. Especially when Brasil opened up the 2014 world cup with a win. I saw the lame penalty but I feel Brasil still deserved the win. Today the US plays against Ghana. I’m nervous.

The opening day of the World Cup was basically a P-day. We went out to work at 9 in the morning but as you can imagine it was a bit hard. We visited some old investigators and got some decent lessons in. Then we had lunch with some awesome members and watched the game!!! After that we went home and watched the fireworks that our neighbors were letting loose in front of their house. They were all partying in front of the house listening to music and celebrating the win. I have to send pics, I’m just slow. Everywhere I look someone has a Brasil jersey on. kkkk

The temple was awesome! It was such a great session with my zone. We had Burger King before the session, which was nice. The temple was sweet. It’s been about 3.5 months since the last time our zone went. Summing up this week: it was super awesome but a bit difficult to focus on the work when the subject for everyone is Futebol. We did have a successful day of knocking doors and found two investigators with a lot of potential. Unfortunately no new investigators went to church on Sunday hahaha and I doubt any of the members would go if Brasil were playing during a church meeting.

It’s crazy how big the OLIVENHAIN WARD IS. What is the frequency of the Olivenhain ward????
Joe and Renee- sick you guys got to do a La Jolla paddle out!!! Jealous. I want the beach right now and futebol. BUT all in good time. Right now I am perfectly happy where I am. Missionary work is the best subject for any meeting, it never ends!!!! You mentioned Tony Gwynn died! Noo way! That’s super sad. Also, thank you for the package you sent.

The world cup has actually helped with making street contacts. When people see me in the street they have a new interest in talking to foreigners so everywhere I go people ask where I’m from and if I am enjoying the World Cup. It’s been a real good missionary opportunity to share with people exactly what I do, which is helping others come unto Christ.
I love you all so much and am praying for you all.
Boa copa pra todos!!!!!
Love,
Elder Kennedy


Joe: That’s cool you like Aston Villa. I really like them too!! Arsenal is the best of course, but respect homey!!! Renee is a barn for liking Chelsea, worst team ever behind Man U!!! hahah

No comments:

Post a Comment