Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture:

Omni 1: 26

"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Hope all is well!

Hey, how are you guys? I'm sure you are all fine and working hard. I hope the fires have died down. Praying for some serious rain. 

This week consisted of hard work, sun, and business as usual. I forgot to say last week that the police here in Pernambuco went on strike for 2 days!  Seriously. So we didn't go out much and some stores got robbed. Anyway we are safe and sound. I got Aunt Jeanine's package! Thanks so much! I haven't gotten the one mom and Renee sent yet. But I should get it tomorrow during our District Meeting. 

Hmmm what else? This week was awesome especially when we went to Pirituba. It's a tiny town in our area that is super far and up in the hills. We take this "bus" which is a pickup and sit in the back of it loaded with about 9 people. Super funny but not really. Anyway, the view going up is so nice. There are so many banana farms and green hillsides. We went there to visit a recent convert Rodrigo and his sister Karina who is now an investigator. She totally felt the spirit our first lesson with her and started crying with joy. She wants to join the church and she has a bakery (where we teach her) and she will try to close it on Sunday's! So awesome! Please pray for her so that she can start going to church and be baptized!! 

I love you all so much and I am so thankful to be here serving the Lord and his people. The mission is seriously the best experience I could ever have imagined and there will always be struggles and exhaustion but I have learned that when we focus on the the good motives to do something, it makes the world of difference.  


<3 Elder Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment