Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture:

Omni 1: 26

"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Monday, May 19, 2014

Craziness in SD

Well, I hope you guys are all right and the fires are dying down. That is super scary. I really hope it wasn't arsonist's that started this madness. 

Anyway, yeah so my companion is super cool from Brasilia. He has one year left on the mission and I saw him be "born" on the mission. He was in my first district. We are good buddies and ready to do work here in Maués! We are trying to work with a few investigators that have a ton of potential. Please pray for Leninha and Fernanda!!! We are going all out trying to work with the members and have regular meetings with the Branch President. 

This week was hard. I had to remember where all the investigators and members lived and had deal with the hot hot sun. It was a gnarly week but we are being super blessed with success and great investigators. It was super awesome to Skype you all and i'm working my butt off to get those blessings when I come home and spend time with the family. 

There is a recent convert here, Antonio; he is hilarious I think he has some social disorder. Anyway we were helping him gain a testimony of the Book of Mormon. He has been a bit depressed because he wants to have a good solid job and he wants a wife haha, so we were reading some parts in the Book of Mormon for him to be corajoso courageous? We read Ether 12:27 and Alma 17 & 18, with Amon slaying the flocks and gaining the King's confidence. Everything he did was to the amazement of King Lamoni. Anyway, Antonio loved it and blurted out some complimentary bad words. We are working on that ;-) But he reads the Book of Mormon everyday and says it's helping him be more confident and find a good job.

I love you all so much! The Lord is truly hastening his work and it's so awesome to hear the stories of missionary work in our home stake.


Love you, 

Elder Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment