Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture:

Omni 1: 26

"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Monday, May 5, 2014

Get to see you soon!

All right family. So here is the problem: I don't know what time i'll be able to skype or even where my companion and I are going to skype from (both of us are super new in the area). But, I will skype you guys on Mothers day if it's the last thing I do. It's also complicated because all of you guys have different things going on at different times. I'll probably have to skype like muito tarde, late afternoonish. But it'll work out.

Maués - Yeah my branch is super sick! And this area is totally ripe for the plucking! We have some amazing investigators and I am stoked to continue teaching them the true gospel of Jesus Christ. Please pray for Sergio, Erika, Bete, Eurildes, Betánia, and Luana. Gente boa!

So this week I am getting to know my area better, it's been a tad bit hard because of all the rain. It seriously rained 5/6 days that i've been here. But i'm digging the cold weather. This week we went to a nice rodígio grill, ate some dank meat! The city here is pretty well organized, especially the center. It is super old and pleasant. You can tell where the city started and then kept expanding leaving the center. The only thing that stinks is everything is super far from our house. We have to walk 45 min to get to the church building, and about the same to get to our almoço. Anyway, so stoked I get to talk to everyone on Mothers day and I hope you guys have a great week. Awesome that Joe's mom is there and that she had a nice b-day.

Keep up the good missionary work, I know the Lord will ALWAYS bless us with missionary opportunities. We just have to open our eyes!

Love ya,
Elder Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment