Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture:

Omni 1: 26

"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Monday, April 7, 2014

Conference is real life!

Wow! What a fantastic General Conference we just had.!! Nota 10!
It feels so good to be re-energized and to be motivated to live and teach the gospel of Christ!

I am so thankful I got to see every session except the R.S. broadcast last week. But this Conference was soo good! I loved every talk so much! There was a gringo room but I watched basically the whole conference in Portuguese. Elder W. Christopher Waddell gave a really nice prayer ;) Sacerdócio (Priesthood session) was so epic. President Monson is truly a prophet of God! I invite any and all of you who were not able to watch it, whether you are member's in this church or not to go to lds.org and watch it.

Wow, I heard about the earthquakes in Chile. Que doideira! Glad to hear that all the missionaries are são e salvo. This week was relatively calm and our teaching habits haven't changed too much. It's the same old knocking doors and chatting away with people. Our apartment that has never been without water ran out this week!! oxe! Que raiva! The electric cable that connected the water pump burned out, or something like that. So my companion and I didn't have water for thee days. Don't worry, we took a shower after the first 2 days. We stayed friday night in Areias, the apartment of another companionship. 

Anyway hope Mom gets better, that's a real bummer coughs really stink! I am thankful I haven't been sick for like 6 months! Happy birthday Dad! Sorry I couldn't email you on your b-day.
Love you all and if you guys get the chance, read 2nd Nephi 9, in the Book of Mormon. It's so great!

abração,
Elder Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment