Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture:

Omni 1: 26

"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

A day late but not a dollar short

Hey, so yesterday the internet cafe was closed due to power outages. So we got the permission to write a little something today (Tuesday). 

Well the mission is going great. We are having some success finding new people to teach and soaking up this sun. Some crazy things have happened in our branch, but i'll have to explain it all when I get back. I love the members here so much! I totally feel like they are family. We are teaching this man named Mark hahaha (kinda) his name is Marcus and he is digging our message but has a lot of preconceito/things he has heard about our Church. But he is learning and praying so... #winning. I feel like this is my last transfer here in Coqueiral so i'm going all out! Making contacts with people is just the best. Sometimes it's super funny and sometimes it's sad how ignorant people can be. "You guys are Evangelists eh?" "No, they belong to the church of Joseph Smith!" "They drink blood and worship Satan and kill babies"......o negócio tá sério. But anyway, I love taking away peoples doubts and inviting them to learn more about Christ and His church. 

Glad to hear that you guys are well and that Mom is getting over her cough. I am thankful to be on my mission and serving the Lord. Anyway, I hope you guys continue being blessed and enjoy every minute of living in Paradise. Brasil /Pernambuco would be paradise but there is too much trash everywhere.
Tchau tchau 
Abraço,
Elder Kennedy

P.S. Go Padres! Totally going to make it to the World Series because the Chargers blew their chance for glory. S.D. has to rep something one of these days.





No comments:

Post a Comment