Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture:

Omni 1: 26

"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

We are on fire!

Hey! This week was super legit! I love my companion, he is exactly like Patrick! He talks the same way and has the same mannerisms!!!! It's crazy haha. So anyway, we are getting along just great! Since we are opening this area we have asked for a lot of help from the members of this ward and they are so awesome. Man it just feels right being here. The members are so helpful and loving and seriously have the missionary work spirit. 

Crazy story- One day after lunch my companion and I had to use the restroom so we decided to use the church bathroom because it was closest. When we went inside the church we could smell a bit of smoke, so I looked at the doors to the sacrament hall and I saw an orange glow on the ground and through the window of the door it was really black and dark. My comp and I realized there was a fire in the sacrament hall!!! When we entered there was a tiny fire on the ground. I stomped it out real fast and opened the windows to let out the smoke. All was well. It was an electrical fire from a light and it caught fire and also burned down the clock above it which then melted and fell on the ground and caught fire to the door and the ground. 

Anyway we brought two investigators to church and they loved it! One's name is Caroline (17) and her grandma Gilvanice, they will totally be baptized!!!! Please pray for them!!!! The lord is blessing us a ton!!! Everyday the first door we knock on has been a new awesome investigator!!!!!

lots of love,

Elder kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment