Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture:

Omni 1: 26

"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Re-opening an area

Hello!

Joe and Renee, that’s sick you had an amazing unforgettable cruise! Jealous, but not too jealous. I’m taking advantage of this wonderful full time mission. It is the best thing ever!!!! Então, novidades? Changes! Lets see… I was transferred!!!! Hahhakkkk. Yeah that’s right, I was separated from my son, but I have visiting privileges because I am in the same zone (casa amarela).

I was in Jenipapo but I was transferred to Macaxeira (the bordering area). I’m stoked because I am opening this area!!! I got my new companion Elder Santana from São Paulo. Wooohooo my first “Paulista” companion! He is so sick. Anyway as I was saying, we are opening this area because the President closed it because of apostasia, just kidding. But the last groups of missionaries really did nothing here and lost the confidence of the ward. So Elder Santana and I are here to gain the confidence and get some people into the waters of baptism! Opening an area is super hard. Neither of us knows where any of the members live, and most importantly where our lunch appointments are and who they are with hahah j/k.

The apartment was a complete mess so we had to clean it up and unpack. Oh yeah, this house is notorious as the house of scorpions! Yeah, so I have only seen 2 scorpions so far during my time here in Pernambuco but now I have the wonderful opportunity of making friends with our venomous roomates hahaha. The Elders that have lived here in the past have found about 3 scorpions a week, yes!!!! I haven’t seen one yet since we cleaned the place, but I’m keeping my eyes peeled. My son Elder Gonzales stayed in Jenipapo. He is all trained and knows the area better than me, because he is such a stud. His Portuguese has improved exponentially and continues to improve everyday. Just his accent is heavy and it rubbed off on me, when I answered the phone and spoke to Elders from the district, they said I have the Peruvian accent. Haha its all good, I’m going to lose it real fast with my Paulista companion. 

Hope everyone is just stoked to be alive and enjoying the blessings from God. 

Com amor, 

Élder Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment