Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture:

Omni 1: 26

"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Training Elder Gonzalez


Yeah, I'm a dad finally (it's what they call you when you are the trainer). It's super strange. Being a Junior companion is the best thing ever!! Now I have to do all of the hard stuff like make decisions hahahaha oh well, its been great so far. My greenie companion is Elder Gonzalez from Peru. Yeah, he doesn't much speak portuguese yet, but he is learning fast. His accent is super heavy and I understand him maybe 50% of the time. Anyway I am such a good father because we had a marked baptism already so Elder Gonzalez came into the field with a baptism ready for him. We baptized Irmã Elizabete! It was awesome and such a miracle that she decided to be baptized. She has been an investigator for a couple years, but we finally got her to go to church one sunday and during the gospel principles class we marked her baptism. I know the gospel is going to help her in so many aspects of her life. She lives alone and isn't married and doesn't have children. She just has like 4 dogs. She doesn't know how to read, but she has the book of mormon on tape/audio, so she listens to it everyday! She is really funny though and has some wonderful friends in the Relief Society. 

Anyway, back to my greenie companion. Hahaha he is such a noob! (Also known as newbie) Hahaha he attacks me with questions like every second! And when we walk out on he street he is like hugging my shoulders! Give me some space man! But other than that he is super awesome and teaches pretty well. People don't understand him like at all so I do most of the talking, but he is getting there. Man the president threw me a curveball on this one because 98% of Americans train brazilians and visa versa. Hispanics usually train Brazilians and Brazilians also usually train hispanics. (I'm assuming this is because between a hispanic missionary trying to learn Portuguese and an American who barely learned Portuguese, there is a definite language barrier). But here I am. An American training a Peruvian. I actually feel like a Brazilian who is training an American which is difficult hahaha. Oh well it makes me realize how I first was when I arrived here. 

Here are some pictures. One is of last week's baptism. The other's are of Elizabete's baptism and Elder Gonzalez. 

Caroline's baptism

 Elizabete's baptism with my Greenie Elder Gonzalez.


 My Peruvian greenie Elder Gonzalez.
Hooray for my new companion Elder Gonzalez

No comments:

Post a Comment