Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture:

Omni 1: 26

"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Friday, September 6, 2013

Best decision of my life!


Elder D and I had a baptism Sunday! His name is Jonathas and he is 13. He is super funny and legit. He was a reference from a ward member, who is his neighbor. He totally didn’t plug his nose before going under and he opened his mouth so he came up out of the water coughing and with water in his nose. I told him before to grab his nose before I dunked him. Anyway, it was funny. Cleaning the baptismal font is harder than it seems, definitely work up a sweat, but I’m a batizador so I have it down to an art form now. There are always dead crickets and cockroaches and centipedes and all kinds of animals to take out before cleaning it.

I like going to church down here in Brasil. They always have sacrament meeting the last hour.  But everything is pretty much the same and everyone uses the same manuals. This year it’s the Lorenzo Snow book. My companion and I always teach the Gospel Principle class for recent converts or investigators, that’s always fun kkkkk. The two church buildings I’ve been in are nice and so it feels normal (i've attached photos). There are tons of rented houses in the mission that are churches. They can be pretty ghetto, so I guess that would feel maybe a little different than normal.

My last area was fairly dangerous, but I don't feel like my life is in danger or anything of the sort. Most of the people here are really nice and just living life. I am learning how to cook and I am trying to master some authentic dishes. I am starting to like my area even more and making friendships with the ward members. Today I am going to Marcos Zero for p-day and I’m going to check out some old museums and stores and stuff. This is the last week of the transfer! I could totally be transferred, but probably won’t be. It always feels hot here but it has been a relatively cold winter, like low 80's upper 70's, but this summer is going to be deadly in about a month or two. We have another lady that we are going to baptize (Elizabete) she is like 60 and super nice. We actually marked her baptism not this Sunday but the next, dia 15 I think.

I’m happy Pat and Granny got my letters in time! Letters get there fast! Hint hint…you all can send some letters to me. I’m the only missionary that doesn’t get mail.

Scorpions! The Elders that are from Macaxeira have like tons of scorpions in their apartment! I’m glad I haven’t seen any in our house. We do have cockroaches though, so scorpions are gonna be around somewhere. Life is good though; I am thoroughly enjoying my mission, and teaching people the gospel. I know my mission has opened my eyes in many ways and I am so grateful I have his opportunity to help others better their lives. I am also grateful that I have met so many people that have changed my life forever. I have made some lifelong friendships and I know when I go back home I am going to painfully miss Brasil and its culture. But, it’s been really cool to realize the things that are important in this life. For instance family, I miss the family more than anything, more than surfing (although I miss it almost as much as I miss all of you). Hahah

I am trying to enjoy every moment because time is passing by rapidly! The mission has already been the best choice I have ever made and it hasn’t even been a year yet. Time is passing by so fast and I know the 2nd year is going to go by even faster. I’m doing my best to serve the lord with all my heart might mind and energy. The church is so true! And the mission has given me the testimony to be certain of this and to stay strong in the gospel my whole life. I know the church is true! I know that Christ lives and that he is the Savior of this world! Só alegria.

que saudade de você! Eu te amo,
Elder Kennedy

Pat- Hope you had a wonderful birthday! 30!!!!! hahahaha Te amo cara. sinto tua falta. Send my love to the fam. Paz e amor

















No comments:

Post a Comment