Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture:

Omni 1: 26

"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Friday, August 2, 2013

Transferred!

Sorry everyone for not writing last week. I am doing great sorry if I made you concerned, but last week one of my investigators was murdered, so p-day I was at her funeral. Her name was (out of courtesy we have decided to not put her name in the blog) and she was murdered by her drunk ex-boyfriend. She was pretty young and she read the Book of Mormon everyday. She was even reading it before she died. That one family I baptized was really good friends with her and they found her book of Mormon open and covered in blood and after they showed us. There has been a lot of killing in Ponte lately, well all of Pernambuco. Wednesday i was leaving my area for the zone meeting and we passed by a man lying dead in the street, he got knifed in the neck by a crazy druggy. Its been a really depressing week but it has allowed me to think about the spirit world and stuff. Anyway I baptized a young girl Mercia on Sunday and she is 4 months pregnant, so that was really neat. She is going to kill it in the relief society! She is super smart and spiritual. 

Anyhow, I was transferred and I’m now officially in Recife,..kind of.. my new area is called Jenipapo, I think. It’s really big and has tons of hills. It doesn’t feel real. 6 and half months is a long time to be in one area, but I loved it. Looking back, if I could, I would have no problem staying there for my entire mission. I had a lot of baptisms there. I baptized more than any other Elder in the history of the area. kkkk a humilde da cara (hah humble guy). 20 baptisms. I know numbers aren’t important but our President definitely wants us to have high goals. My new comp is district leader. Haha I always have District Leader’s as companions. He is chill though. He is a native. I’m stoked to be transferred and move on but man I loved my time in Ponte and love the members there. A lot of people really changed my life, and I will definitely come back to visit again after the mission. That’s so sick Dana had her baby. Blake looks like a stud thanks for the pics. Time is flying by but I’m trying to keep on working hard and making the most out of my mission here in Brasil. I love it so much and I know this gospel is true. 

Love you all!
Elder Kennedy

That’s way sick Joe is going work for Bro. Chapman, I bet Joe is gonna reel in the big money here soon.


I will send fotos next week for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment