Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture:

Omni 1: 26

"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Monday, August 19, 2013

Life in Jenipapo

What’s up family that I love so much! This week was chill. We have 2 investigators with some serious potential just needing a little miracle. They are a bit lazy and don’t read anything we ask them too. Their names are Coroline and Vítoria aka the snakes. I think I mentioned them last week. This week I am going to work until I pass out, and that doesn’t take much because these hills and stairways are killing me, but I love it. My companion is really cool he has a big heart and I am teaching him English. He says he wants to be rich so he has to learn English. He speaks really well.

Brasil is super dirty but I love it. It rained all night Saturday and all day Sunday. Chuva chata! Wow where is this month going? Jenipapo is cool and I love the members but we don’t get invited to many meals at member’s homes. They always give money because I guess the members are really busy and working all the time. So we cook a lot at our house. It’s cool I guess. I’m practicing my skills. I’m cooking macaxeira, which is like a potato but better. Way better. It looks like a root. I’m cooking rice and beans and pasta with calabresa. Fattening food! This week we are going to buckle down and contact all our investigators and get our teaching group structured and probably drop all the flaky people that aren’t interested/quer nada com nada.

Joe and Renee! Jealous you guys are traveling Cali like a touring rock band or something. Joe that’s way sick you love your job with Ben. He is super smart and awesome to talk to. I didn’t realize before the mission how timid I was because here in Brasil I’m pretty timid. Well I started the mission being all shy and stuff, but now its só vai/ just do it, and I’ll talk to anyone. One time we knocked on a door and it was a bar kind of and we talked to the owner and he was like all drunk but super friendly. And we were like “hi we are here to talk about the gospel” and he said “thanks bro but no thanks, I got my beer and I’m doing fine.” Then I replied “There is something way better than alcohol” and he said “dude I drink everyday! What is better than drinking?” And I was like “Jesus Cristo” and he laughed but in the funniest laugh ever and said “Yeah, you are totally right, and Jesus helps me drink. Who do you think protects me when I’m drinking? I love Jesus.”

Man this guy was wild but sadly he didn’t get the point of our message, but he was the happiest and most honest drunk I’ve contacted. I’ll give him that. It’s hard working in the hills because everyone can see us coming and we will be walking to a house and see people sitting in front and they make a run for it in their home and close the door.


This week was difficult but I wouldn’t want it any other way. I miss you guys! I hope you are all doing well. Keep living the gospel because it is so true! I know Jesus is the Christ and that he died to save all mankind not just for a few of us. He lives and loves us more than we could possibly imagine in this mortal life, that’s for sure. Thank you for being such great examples of disciples of our Saviour. Paz e amor deus abençoei 

No comments:

Post a Comment