Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture:

Omni 1: 26

"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Tuesday, July 2, 2013

My own version of 4th of July

You are all awesome! Renee and Joe- keep rockin the member missionary stuff. Oh also, I got the package about 2 weeks ago, sorry I forgot to tell you. It’s awesome! Thanks so much!

Brazil won the confederations cup of soccer! So yesterday was insane! Brazil stopped. Like literally everyone was watching the game, and when Brazil scored (3 times) everyone yelled and screamed in the street! Then they launched fire works all day, so I am getting my own 4th of July celebration/ brazilan style.

I heard about the Supreme Court ruling on Gay Marriage. That’s crazy. I think the laws are similar down here in Brazil. Brazilians love Americans for the most part. Well definitely American culture. Wvery girl here wants to be an American. I’ve been proposed to by two women. Both were about 30-40 years old. Mother’s will introduce their daughters to me and say “Oh my daughter loves America and she wants to go there”..like im going to take here home with me or something NOPE sorry. It’s such a different culture down here! But I am really respectful, because everyone asks what it’s like in the USA compared to here and I always say its really different but that I love it here in Brasil. Everyday it’s a party here, brazilian culture is super relaxed and chill/ living in the moment.

For P-day, we’re just chillin, going to get my volleyball and ping-pong on! We baptized again! I know you guys are probably getting sick of hearing about all these baptisms hahaha we baptized a João Vitor (13 year old boy) and his uncle Luis and Luciana a woman/ mom of a member and she finally separated from her horrible husband/ that didn’t want anything to do with the church and he was really harmful to their family. But anyway our mission reached our goal of 200 baptisms in one month!!! We had 215. I think Elder Quinteros and I baptized more than any other companionship this month, not trying to brag, but the president is really happy with us haha its always nice to be on the good side of the President. Our zone is super awesome, and Tuesday/ zone meeting President Lanius is coming and bringing breakfast! So stoked!!!!!

This week has been really hard but the lord is blessing us like crazy. Miracles are occurring that i never thought possible! It’s amazing what the lord will do when we ask and put in a little work!

love,

E. Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment