Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture:

Omni 1: 26

"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Officially winter and lots of protests

Hey everyone!

I’m doing fine! Brazil is a little crazy right now but I definitely feel safe. All of Brazil is in a state of protest because of a lot of things. Mostly because of the cost of transportation, and the money the government is spending for the world cup/ Olympics. Naturally when a few big issues like this arrive and people protest, more problems are brought up. This week was also crazy because it was a huge week of fiestas/ holidays. São João. Everyone eats foods made from corn and there are tons and tons of fogeiros/ bonfires in the streets. I saw one about 2 stories high. We baptized 3 more people this weekend. That was really awesome. 

There have been a bunch of protests in Recife of about 150,000 people. One day my comp and I were on the bus heading to our zone meeting at the Stake Center and the bus stopped and there was a wall/line of fire across the street. No one could pass there was a line of busses that were stopped. My comp and I were about 2 and 1/2 miles from the Stake Center so we decided to run through the fire and walk the rest of the way. I took a few pics hahaha for the most part its really peaceful in Ponte. President Lanius, our Mission President will aid if our area gets too rowdy near our house. For the most part I agree with the protest but its stupid when people get all crazy and break stuff like busses because the money it costs to repair or to buy new stuff all comes from the people.
Anyway the Lord is truly blessing us and I am feeling awesome!

Love,

Elder Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment