Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture:

Omni 1: 26

"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Setting the bar high for Baptisms.

Hey All!

I am stoked Mom, Renee and JF are all moving back to Brookfield! Good ol’ Xana. I’m sure it’s going be a bit stressful to move, but I think it will end up being a blessing. JF- what’s up bro? Feeling better from your cold? I hope so. Working hard! Sounds like you are more exhausted than me these days.

My comp and I had another baptism this week and we have two more marked for this Sunday! Woohoo batizador! This week we had a mini transfer. Well, it wasn’t really “mini” there were a bunch of Elders and Sisters. Anyway, I’m still in Ponte but I received a new companion. His name is Elder Quinteros from Argentina. He is such a great missionary and we are definitely going to baptize a lot. I’m really cranking out my language study now, so hopefully I will be pretty fluent before I get to my second area. I have been teaching half or more of the lessons. My new comp has been out for a year and 7 months. He was a zone leader and I am learning a lot with him. He is such a great missionary and we are definitely going to baptize a lot. We had a baptism on Saturday (Lucas) it was sweet and we marked like 4 others so there are more to come. It has really been a spiritual week! We had the mission tour and a seventy came and spoke to us. I also get to go to the temple again on the 15th, 3 days before Moms b-day!

I love the people here but I wouldn’t mind being transferred. I bet I’ll stay one more transfer and then they’ll move me. So, you are probably wondering why we had a mini transfer? Well this month there are five weeks that the mission can have baptisms and our goal is 200. So in two weeks when transfers happen, our Mission President likes to transfer less people because less baptisms fall when missionaries get transferred. So he had a mini transfer at the end of May. It still rains like every other day but it’s a good thing. I am enjoying the mission and working hard. I am stoked about the package coming soon!

I am not in need of anything else. Just staying away from sunburns and mosquito bites. I’m only in 2nd Nephi in Portuguese, but that’s because I’m reading other books in Portuguese like, “Our search for happiness”. Anyway, happy birthday month Mom! Your B-day is on the 18th! Hopefully I will get a letter in before the 18th. Love you so much! I pray for you all everyday. 
paz e amor!

Abeija,
Elder Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment