Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture:

Omni 1: 26

"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Monday, February 4, 2013

Feeling better


Last week Elder Kennedy was sick and could not write much. However he did manage to get his last bit of advice sent to Ian (now Elder Kennedy as well). Here is what he wrote:
Sorry it’s short bro but I’m sick today. I’m so excited for you! You are going to love the MTC. Especially if it’s for 6 weeks, it goes by so fast. Bring that white foot powder, bring Vaseline and tons of hydrocortisone cream and tons of athletes foot cream. That’s all stuff I use a lot because of walking in the hot sun all day. It’s crazy to be in Brazil. I love it!!! You should receive a water bottle purifier in the MTC. If not, boil water when you get to South America!
Love you bro! You are going to love your mission!!!!!”

(Here is the email we received from Elder Kennedy today):

Hey Fam! I am feeling much better this week. I only felt sick last Sunday till Tuesday so 2.5 days. This week was pretty cool; we had a meeting with our mission President and zone. He emphasized the importance of working hard and getting baptisms like every week! So challenging! I am now on my third week in Recife and I love Ponte dos Carvalhos.

I WILL stop biting my nails! I’ve cut down about 80% of my nail biting time. Hahah I know it’s a bad habit and I can get sick from biting them. Our water never works so I’m always taking bucket showers. We have this big blue water container probably 70 gallons and I just fill up a bucket from that and pour water on me. It’s kind of unfortunate but I’m used to it. It makes me super stoked and happy when the water from the faucets do work! My companion and I have one person marked for baptism and another couple is really close! Portuguese is coming along better and better each week! It’s tough sometimes but I know I’ll be speaking like a pro pretty soon. It’s getting pretty crazy around here for Carnaval. Kids beating the heck out of drums all day in the streets (so loud), people just seem to get even crazier- lots of fights and hooliganisms.

The ward is awesome! I love all the members here and they help the missionaries out so much. I’m so stoked for Ian!!! That’s so sick he has been in the MTC for almost a week already! I’m sure he is killing Spanish right now. I remember my first day and reading the board in Portuguese....I didn’t understand one word hardly and I definitely couldn’t pronounce them right because its funky the way you pronounce most of the words in Portuguese. I love the pic you sent me of Ian walking into the MTC Renee. Ian looks like a boss and it was snowing! Legit. My companion and I get along super good. We work hard but never miss an opportunity to laugh or enjoy ourselves while working/ walking from house to house in this crazy heat.

Love you all.

P.S. Spoil the heck out of Ian while he is in Provo. That is seriously one of the greatest parts of the MTC is getting mail everyday. hahaha he will like the food there too because it’s the same catering as BYU. Stinks that the 49ners lost....tell Patrick the Ravens stink...go Pirates!!! (Most of you who watched The Office should understand that reference.)

By the way Renee, I love my blog! Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you are doing well, Eric. God bless you and your success. Thanks for all the pix and updates. We love you very much.

    Love Uncle Steve

    ReplyDelete