Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture:

Omni 1: 26

"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Thursday, January 24, 2013

My First Area!


Elder Eric Scott Kennedy
Missão Brazil, Recife
Rua Das Nifas 30 - Boa Vista
Recife - PE, 50070-050


Hey All! This has been a crazy but amazing week. I just jumped right into the field and was put to work. Above is my new address.  I love my area! It is called Ponte dos Carvalhos, it is a barrio-neighborhood in the city of Cabo de Santo Agostinho-PE....Pernambuco.
It is super hot! Like mid 80´s is the lowest it gets so I’m sweating all the time. I like it though. Besides some gnarly smells, the area is beautiful! Super green and tropical. My second day here I got to walk by the ocean because we had a zone conference at the stake center which is super close to the beach. I am like the whitest person around its funny. Most people when we talk to them or just walk up and say "hello" look at me and say Americano? hahaha sim eu sou de estados unidos.  I love my companion we get along great. His name is Elder J F. (the church asked people not to use names of companions on blogs.) He is from Rio de Janeiro and he doesn’t speak English, like at all. I love it because it helps me learn much faster. I witnessed my first baptism!!!! So exciting. Elder F. baptized Roseane Sunday (yesterday.) Everyday we are walking all over town going to people’s homes and teaching. I am probably going to be black by the time I get home. Our little house is sweet! I’m stoked we have a house not an apartment; its super ghetto but I like it. We live like a block away from the church. It has everything we need. The water doesn’t work all the time so a lot of my showers are bucket showers. We also dump a bucket of water to flush the toilet and stuff. There are bugs and dirt all over the place. It is super legit. It’s crazy most of the people around here have lived like this their whole life. It’s made me start to realize how much we had growing up and all the little things we take for granted on a daily basis. The mosquitoes here are killer but I can get a mosquito net here I’m pretty sure. I’m going to start taking notes to bring so I can write about more things that happened, because there are a ton. 

Please send me Ian’s mission address as well. That is sweet he is about to leave for the MTC. Brazil is so amazing the food is awesome, most days we eat at member’s homes. Everyday I am picking up more of the language but when people speak super fast I get only a word or two. I want to be fluent now but it will come in time. The people here are more friendly and awesome than I thought and I had high expectations! They are all super funny and smiling all the time. I don’t need anything, well one thing if you could, just let me know if it possible. An elder I was friends with in the CTM Elder F. is from Mozambique and he is serving in Cape Verde. He really wants an English quad, the smallest ones possible with the button. I told him I would ask my parents if they could get one for him because he cant afford it and he saved up for his whole mission in Mozambique despite his parents being totally against him going and they are non members.. Ill send you his mission address next Monday. My p-days are Monday, if you can just let me know, thanks. I love you all so much. I’m super stoked to be in Recife and in my first area.

Love you,
Elder Kennedy



Elder Kennedy was finally able to upload a few pictures and send them in his email as well. 


The beach area next to the church building where his district meeting was held. 

Elder Kennedy and his first companion in the field! Elder F. (From Rio de Janeiro)

 Elder's and Sister's in his District

 All the missionaries in his district

The first baptism he was able to witness. Elder Kennedy, his companion (Elder F.) and the lady in all white is Roseane who was baptized.

No comments:

Post a Comment