Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture:

Omni 1: 26

"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Last week in the MTC


Sorry to hear a few of you were sick with colds. I had one too but I’m coming off of it. Yesterday my companion and I got to proselyte for the first time and we gave out 7 books of Mormon in like 2 hrs. And we got to explore around a lot further than we do on p-days. Proselyting is so much fun! I love talking to random people even though I struggle to have a conversation with them. The Portuguese is coming along, im struggling but everyone we talk to says I speak really well especially for only learning the language for 8 weeks. They say we know more Portuguese than 2 years or more of learning a language in high school. One Elder in our district took French all through high school and one year in college and now he says he knows more in Portuguese than he learned in all those years of French. Elder Carroll and I laugh so much! We have a similar sense of humor. Can you please send me some pics of waves if you can...(no surfers). Time is flyin by! Next p-day wont be a p-day because I’ll be in Recife! Crazy! I hope this week goes by super fast. Sao Paulo is super cool but I’m anxious to leave. I leave this Tuesday ...one week from today sometime in the morning here. Which stinks because I think most of you are like 5 hours behind Brazil time. 

Mom- thanks for the email, its up to you if you want to get another calling card. I’m down, because I hope I’ll have more than 20 minutes to talk at the airport, but I don’t know yet. I’m assuming i'll be leaving from Sao Paulo airport but they haven’t given us any itinerary yet. Please send me all the numbers of people that I can call. Anyway, I’ll get my mission address to you asap. Don’t worry about the mosquito net yet i'll look for one in Recife and let you know. I don’t think I need anything else, but I’ll let you know once I’m settled in Recife. Please "mission-ties" the instructions for how I can call you. I hope I don’t mess it up.

Joe- that’s sweet you’re starting the last semester ever at Idaho! Enjoy it. I am glad you love your classes. I know you’re going to kill it. There is probably a lot of snow on the ground so study it up and start your dream business! Thanks Renee for keepin my blog legit!

That’s sweet about Ian! I can’t believe he is leaving in 2 weeks! Tell Ian my temple is prettier than his. hahahaha j/k. I’ve got to get on his case and tell him to study more Spanish! I wish I knew some Portuguese when I entered the MTC. Chelsea Snow probably has her farewell this Sunday? It’s crazy our ward is pumpin out missionaries...hope I’m not forgetting anything. Love you all so much and I hope I get to talk to you all this Tuesday from the airport! It's so weird being on a mission but I love it!!!!

Love you
Elder Kennedy

No comments:

Post a Comment