Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture:

Omni 1: 26

"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Friday, January 4, 2013

New Years 2013!

This week was sweet. I had an awesome Christmas and New Years! On Christmas, Elder Costa of the First Quorum of the Seventy spoke and I got to shake his hand. He asked me where I was from, and I said San Diego and then he pulled me in close and said "do you surf?" And I said “I do, everyday!”…and he told me when he was younger he surfed all the time, he is sick!!
Anyway, that’s stinks the Chargers did poorly this year and that Norval is getting the ex. Panthers.....probably didn’t do much better. New Years was insane! Fireworks all night! People screaming throughout the whole city, it was legit. I’m stoked Les Miserables was awesome. Today I was thinking about that because I did an endowment session for a guy from France born in 1655 and it made me think he totally was alive just before that era in France, even though Les Mis isn’t a real life story per say. I’m so ready to get out into the field. But I’ll make it these next 2 weeks....I hope. Actually, I’m just super anxious to be leaving in 2 weeks. The 15th is when I head out I think. I’m studying hard and enjoying my time here. I mostly just miss the family and the waves. It is the highlight of my week walking around exploring the streets and eating out. Today was my P-day cause yesterday was New Years. I ate at an even better place than Tucanos or Rodizio Grill. It’s the same style of food but way more authentic and tasty!!!! I’m so full Haha. My last p-day my companions and I each drank our own liter of smoothie for like 6 bucks. Anyway that’s cool Ian is going to Provo to get missionary stuff. 
JOE- convince him to get Ecco shoes. I just bought a brand new pair off my companion for 40 (American) bucks and they cost him $130. They just didn’t fit. They are way nice. Anyway I’m not in a trio anymore, It’s just me and Elder Carroll from Atlanta. I liked being in a trio but 2 is less of a hassle. That’s sweet Danielle gave her farewell talk. I was always impressed at how great of a missionary she has been her whole life. She doesn’t fear talking to anyone about the gospel. I’m stoked she gave an awesome talk. I love you each so much!!! Take care! I’ll email later! Tchau tchau!

Love, Elder Kennedy

P.S. tell Ian that I, and everyone I talk to hates the first 3 days (at least) of being in the MTC. It’s super overwhelming and you get a weird feeling about starting a mission that’s going to last 2 years. But after the first week it gets better and better and tell him to remember no matter how afraid or homesick he is, every other missionary is in the same boat. My first couple days I just felt sick and like thinking to myself “holy cow this is crazy! I don’t know if I can do this.” But that’s to be expected and Provo is super fun....(not as fun as Brazil), but at least he will get mail a lot, and there are so many missionaries going all over the world! Anyway just don’t stress at all there is no need, the mission is an epic adventure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment