Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture:

Omni 1: 26

"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Monday, February 11, 2013

Loving Ponte Dos Carvalhos


Hi All!

This week has been awesome. I’m super stoked its p-day! P-day is cool. We wake up and do push-ups and sit-ups (the usual) and leg exercise is just walking around all day. We have this ghetto weight bar made from rebar and on each end are concrete cups like the size and shape of a gallon bucket. After we shower and get ready, vamos to the Internet café. I have like an hour or more for emails now. Later we eat lunch at a restaurant, play volleyball with youth in the ward. That’s basically it. Then I read myself into a nap, haha I love p-days. I didn’t get a mosquito net yet but I have tons of repellant....I’m starting to question if it even works haha. I will start looking around for one and get one this week. Yeah, my mission has a lot of dengue, one of my zone leaders got dengue his 3rd week here.

Carnaval is pretty crazy! Tons of people acting crazy, loud music, dancing, and more hooliganism. I have to return to my house by 5:00 p.m. until Wednesday I think. So Elder J. F. and I have to rush to visit all the people that we need to teach. Everyday there are more fireworks, music, dancing, and craziness. It’s pretty calm in the mornings, so that’s nice. I love Brazil more and more as the weeks go by. The language is slowly but surely coming along.

We have a baptism this Saturday his name is Alan. He is legit and he has had a testimony for a while but he feared his mother would not support him and stop paying for him to attend the University he is enrolled in. Another couple is close but need to be married first. We are going to have two others marked for baptism real soon probably this week or next. So exciting! I’m looking forward to this week and I hope all is well with you guys.

I know Ian is a little stressed about the language. That’s normal. The MTC really throws you into the fire and forces you to teach in your mission language by the second day, and everyday after that. It’s really good because you are forced to study hard and rely on the spirit to comfort and guide you. I will write him something for encouragement. Anyway, all is good here in Ponte Dos Carvalhos. Portuguese is so hard but so fun! I’m always speaking Portuguese even in my head. Pretty soon I’ll be thinking and dreaming Portuguese. I hope it comes soon but I definitely am learning patience on my mission. I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH. I wouldn’t be here without your love and patience with me. Take care.

com amor,
Elder Kennedy

Renee- that’s gnarly Joe sang a solo in Church. Props, I’m sure he melted their faces. Thanks for sending Ian’s letter. I will send him some words encouragement and I will pray for him. I’m so jealous you guys are sending Ian Coco Bean for Valentines Day! His comp is going to love you guys too.

Mom- that’s so awesome your going to Disney World!!!!!! I’m so thankful Aunt Jeanine sent the bible! I know she is being blessed for her kindness and service. You both deserve this trip. Have fun!!!!!








No comments:

Post a Comment