Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture:

Omni 1: 26

"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Transferred! Coqueiral, Recife - Pernambuco, Brazil Companion: Elder Gritti

Hey!

I got transferred! Yup, I packed my bags and arrived today in Coqueiral, Beleza. I'm pretty sure it's an outskirt of Recife. I'm super stoked to get to know more people and work here. My new companion is tight! Elder Gritti, another one from São Paulo. 

Anyway, Elder Santana and I had an awesome baptism on Sunday. (Edvânio) he is 13 and is amazingly firm in the gospel and he will stay that way. Im only bummed that I got transferred because I had to say goodbye to a family that will totally be baptized! Marcela, Flavio, and Stefhanny. Anyway, it's the life of a missionary: teach people with love and help them find more faith in the teachings of Jesus Christ. 

I am so greatful that we are in the month in which we celebrate the birth of our Savior. I know He lives and loves each one of us infinitely! He doesn't demand perfection from us in our lives. He only asks that we try our best and when we fall, that we always continue looking up and pressing on. I am so grateful for the atoning sacrifice that Christ paid for our eternal well being. This is His Gospel and I know He is the head of this church. I am so greatful to be here in the wonderful land of Brasil, Pernambuco. 

It has only been a couple of hours since I met my companion but I am already excited for you guys to talk to him on Christmas. He speaks English and is super random and hilarious. We are going to work super hard in this area and laugh a boat load! Só alegria! Espero que todos tinham uma boa dia das graças (thanksgiving) or in my own way of saying it in portuguese, dia do peru!

boa semana pra todos!!!!!!
Elder Kennedy


p.s. vou mandar as fotos na proxima semana, me desculpe kkkkk

No comments:

Post a Comment