Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture:

Omni 1: 26

"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Monday, November 11, 2013

Sick as a dog

Hey All, 

Thank you for updating me on what's going on there. So sad to hear about Brother Platt. Im sending my love and prayers to their family.. I know they moved a while ago. To Arizona was it? Gracie is on a mission right? 
Another one of my old investigators died last week....last sunday, he was the boyfriend of a member 20 years old and he was wet or something and touched a fuse and got electricuted! I only taught him about 2 times but he was pretty cool. It seems like everyone is dying again. We went to an investigators house on sunday morning to bring them to church and their neighbor was shot in the head by his "friend" around 5 a.m. and we arrived at their house around 8 a.m. Nuts how crazy this world is. 

Anyway back to happier things, everyday life is waking up, studying the gospel and Portuguese. Then going out to teach or knock doors from 10:30 until lunch. We eat at a members house and share a message with them. Then go to our appointments and just talk to people all the time. We do service projects too. Right now on Saturday's we are restoring a pool at a members house. I so want to baptize in it! But it's a long ways away. We dont really eat dinner until 9:30 p.m. when we return home from working all day spreading the gospel. 

I was sick like this whole week...even now i'm sick. Tuesday I had a super bad headache and didn't feel comfortable working so I stayed home. Then Wednesday I felt a little better and took some medicine and went to work. Thursday came around, I worked the first half of the day but I had tons of head and body pain and I felt sick to my stomach. We came home around 3-4 in the afternoon and I laid down on my bed and was overtaken by a fever. I was shivering like crazy and it's 85 degrees in our apartment. Anyway, I was super weak and didn't want to move because of the pain and weakness. Friday was a little like that but I threw up. Now i'm just weak with a headache and stomach issues, so its all good. I am through with the worst of it. I feel much better actually. I drank tons of juice and water. Vitamin C is good. 

Yeah that was my week. We still had 2 investigators at church so thats awesome. I'm praying Rinaldo will be baptized this week!!! He is ready and wants to be baptized it's só áqua para ele! 

How is everyone? I miss you guys like crazy!!! Christmas ta chegando! Thanksgiving is around the corner. Well, Go Chargers! kkkk

Love,
Elder Kennedy (the one that rarely writes)  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment