Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture

Elder Kennedy's Mission Scripture:

Omni 1: 26

"And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."

Monday, November 18, 2013

One year mark!

Olá família! estou muito bem obrigado!

Hump day was cool! I burned a shirt. I’m doing well and happy that I’m on the downhill part of the mission. I am feeling much better than last week and I’m back and ready to do missionary work all day everyday! I am not sure what I had, I believe it was some virus that had its way with me and left. It’s possible it was dengue fever, at least a few of the members here think so because they caught dengue and believe I had the symptoms for it. Anyway I am back to normal and enjoying my time serving here in Recife. It is incredible how fast this year has gone by. I still LOVE Brasil. I am definitely paying a lot of attention to the music culture here. I have found many artists and genres of music that I have just fallen in love with.

Not a whole lot happened this week. But we did receive a miracle. We have a baptism marked for this Sunday!!! Yeah, her name is Erica and she is 13 almost 14. Her Aunt is a member from a different ward. We have some investigators that are awesome and are super close to baptismo! One even knows the message is true she just feels obligated to stay with her church.  I love the ward here so much the members are super awesome. On Sunday’s all the returned missionaries go out to visit less actives and family members that aren’t members or just talk with people in the street. They have such dedication to missionary work. Joe and Renee- You guys are doing awesome with that 16 yr. old! Dylan is his name right? Keep it up!

Also, on Tuesday there were a bunch of U.S. Air Force pilots and we helped them with a clothing donation. It was super sick; only one of them spoke Portuguese because he happened to be a member and served in Brasil 10 years ago. During our zone meeting at the stake center, I talked to this one African American dude from south Carolina hahaha he is legit. He loves the Panthers and Cam Newton and I told him that my bro loves Cam Newton and is from North Carolina. hahaha his accent was super heavy and hill billy. hahah I’ll send some pics next week 

That’s super sad about Kirk Passmore. My condolences to his family. That’s crazy that Gracie and Matt are both on missions and two tragedies happened in their families. Wow, it’s incredible how strong they are for staying on the mission. I know Matt, I had surf P.E. with him at LCC and we surfed with Jacob Canady a few times. Nuts how these things happen.

Thanksgiving is coming up huh? Cool! I remember Thanksgiving at the MTC in Provo. Elder Holland spoke. It was epic!

Thank you for all the love and support. 

Deus te abençoe! Boa semana!

Elder Kennedy


No comments:

Post a Comment